Experience the next level of silence
See what happens when it’s just you and your music, with noise cancelling that cuts more outside sound than ever before. And experience how smart headphones can be with advanced noise cancelling technology such as Adaptive Sound Control, and the convenience of smart features including Quick Attention, Voice Assistant compatibility and touch control.
Lose yourself in silence
Escape the sounds of the city with industry-leading noise cancellation1. The noise cancelling technology in the WH-1000XM3 headphones is our most advanced ever with close fitting ear pads and our HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1.
More power = even less noise
With our new HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1, noise cancelling power is greatly enhanced. Having a dedicated NC processor also ensures the reproduction of your music is never compromised due to processor performance.
Block out more
Most noise cancelling headphones are designed to block out vehicle noise when travelling. The WH-1000XM3 headphones are no exception, but are also highly effective at blocking out daily noise like voices and the background sounds you might hear walking through a city.
Noise cancelling made to fly
Unique Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing delivers optimal sound at high altitude.2
Noise cancellation personalised
Unique Personal Optimizing analyses the sonic characteristics caused by head size, glasses, and hair, then optimises sound to you.
Wireless freedom, Great Sound in silence
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional BLUETOOTH® wireless audio, allowing you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional quality, as close as possible to that of a dedicated wired connection.
Sound you can believe in
A built-in amplifier integrated in HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1 realises the best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion for portable devices, and delivers exceptional sound quality. Powerful 40mm drivers, with Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) diaphragms, make the headphones perfect for handling heavy beats and can reproduce a full range of frequencies up to 40kHz.
Restore all your compressed files
Digital Sound Enhancement Engine HX (DSEE HX™) upscales compressed digital music files, bringing them closer to the quality of High-Resolution Audio. By restoring the high-range sound lost in compression, DSEE HX™ produces your digital music files in rich, clear sound.
Smart listening by SENSE ENGINE – automatically adjusts to your situation
See how Adaptive Sound Control automatically detects your activity such as travelling, walking, and waiting, then adjusts ambient sound settings to you. And with Quick Attention, you can communicate without removing your headphones – simply place your hand over the housing to turn the volume down for instant conversation.
Automatically adjusts to whatever you do
Take trips without interruption and lose yourself in music with no background noise.
Be aware of everything around you, from street to office, while still enjoying music.
Hear important announcements while you wait with reduced background noise.
Tailor sound to you
SENSE ENGINE™ gives you the power to tune in and out of your music at a touch.
Sony I Headphones Connect App
Download the Sony I Headphones Connect app to use Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the equaliser.
Talk at a touch with Quick Attention
Communicate without taking your headphones off. Place your hand over the housing to turn the volume down for instant conversation.
Hear what’s important with Ambient Sound Control
Adjust ambient sound with the Sony | Headphones Connect APP to hear essential sounds when you’re listening on the move.
Find your perfect sound tone for every song from the presets, also easily customisable to your preference with Sony | Headphones Connect APP.
Virtual surround sound
Feel immersed in sound wherever you are. Experience audio optimised for different listening environments including outdoor stages, clubs, halls and arenas.
Sound Position Control
Choose the direction you want the sound to come from, just as you can with a wireless speaker.
Wear all day in total comfort
Super soft, pressure-relieving earpads in foamed urethane evenly distribute pressure and increase ear pad contact for a stable fit. Comfort is further enhanced by a larger and deeper ergonomic ear space structure. And with a lighter weight design, your music is the only thing you’ll notice all day.
Smarter than your average headphones
Everything is at your fingertips. Answer hands-free phone calls with a double tap – or change tracks, adjust the volume and make calls by touching or swiping the panel. And help from your phone’s voice assistant is just one long press away.
Be smarter with Voice Assistant
Manage your day, just by asking your assistant3. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders, and more4.
Clearer hands-free calling with a double tap
Conversation flows freely with easy, hands-free calling. Leave your phone where it is, just speak with a double tap. Thanks to having several microphones, WH-1000XM3 delivers clearer voice quality to the other person on the phone.
Control at your fingertip
Change the track, turn the volume up or down and take or make calls by tapping or swiping the panel with your fingertip.
All day power and quick charging
With a huge 30 hours of battery life, you’ll have enough power for even long trips away. And if you need to charge in a hurry, you can get 5 hours’ worth of charge after just 10 minutes with the optional AC adapter.5
Swivel foldable structure
The ear cups swivel inwards so they pack up neatly in a compact case.
Carry case with cable
The supplied carry case is durable and includes a cable for wired listening.
Specifications & Features
WH-1000XM3 headphones take you even deeper into silence with further improvements to our industry-leading noise cancellation1, and smart listening that adjusts to your situation.
- HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1 lets you listen without distractions
- Unique automatic personal NC, and Atmospheric Pressure optimisation
- Wireless freedom with BLUETOOTH® technology and NFC
- Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts ambient sound to your activity
- High-quality audio with DSEE HX™ and LDAC
Driver Unit: 40mm, dome type (CCAW Voice coil)
DSEE HX: Yes
Input(s): Stereo Mini Jack
Frequency Response: 4Hz-40,000Hz
Frequency Response(Bluetooth® Communication): 20Hz – 20,000Hz (44.1kHz Sampling) / 20Hz – 40,000Hz (LDAC 96kHz Sampling, 990kbps)
Frequency Response (Active Operation): 4Hz-40,000Hz
Passive Operation: Yes
Cord Length: Headphone cable (approx. 1.2m, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug)
- 1) As of August 30th 2018. According to research by Sony Corporation, measured using JEITA-compliant guidelines. In headband-style of wireless noise cancelling headphones market.
- 2) Please check airline policy before using your BLUETOOTH® connection.
- 3 )The WH-1000XM3 offers the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa with an update. Install the Google Assistant app and change the assignment of noise cancelling button with Sony | Headphones Connect app, then press and hold the noise cancelling button. For Amazon Alexa install the Amazon Alexa app and change the assignment of noise cancelling button with Sony | Headphones Connect app, then just press the noise cancelling button to get going.
- 4) Update of Firmware and Sony | Headphones Connect App is needed. Google is a trademark of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Google Assistant and Alexa are not available in all languages and countries/regions.
- 5) When using optional 1.5A or more AC adapter.
- 6) This product is also known as WH-1000XM3BME, WH-1000XM3SME
- 7) Actual colour and dimension may differ from the screen image.
- 8) Colours & features of the product shown may differ by model and country.
- 9) 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
- 10) Services availability depends on region. A part or whole of software/services installed into or accessible through the product may be changed, discontinued, removed, suspended, or terminated without notice.